IRA Roll Over
Roll Over Your IRA to Help Kids
Improve the lives of children and enjoy tax benefits by rolling a portion of your IRA over to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
Make a gift tax-free from your IRA to CHOP
To make a Qualified Charitable Distribution:
- You must be 70½ or older and have an IRA.
- You must make a direct transfer from your IRA to Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Foundation.
- Each year, you can give up to $100,000 for an individual and up to $200,000 for married couples, tax free!
- Your gift must be outright and cannot fund a gift annuity or charitable trust.
- IRA gifts count toward your required minimum distribution.
Take these steps:
- Consult with your professional adviser.
- Contact your IRA administrator to request a “charitable IRA rollover to Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Foundation” for a specific amount, or use your IRA checkbook to make a distribution directly from your account to CHOP.
- If you have any questions or would like a sample IRA letter for your IRA administrator, contact Lizabeth Macoretta, Director of Planned Giving, at 267-426-6472 or macorettaL@email.chop.edu.
Have an IRA Checkbook?
- Make the check payable to Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Foundation
- Mail it to:
Lizabeth Macoretta, Planned Giving
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Foundation
3401 Civic Center Blvd.
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Download and print our IRA Qualified Charitable Distribution Checklist to ensure your donation is directed where you want it to be.
*Note: If you continue to contribute to your IRA after the age of 70½, please confer with your financial advisor before making a Qualified Charitable Distribution – or rollover – from your IRA.