This interactive video demonstrates how to perform a trach change on your child.
- how often to perform a trach change
- what supplies are needed
- how to prepare a new trach so it is ready to be placed — including inspection, lubrication and attaching new ties
- how to position your child so the trach can be changed more easily
- deciding roles for the two caregivers so the trach is changed safely
- how to remove the old ties
- assess and clean the neck
- how to change the trach and assure it is placed correctly
- how to place a new dressing
- how to examine the old trach for any problems
There are two check your knowledge questions during the video to help understand the steps and how to complete them safely.