This interactive video demonstrates when and how to change the ties that keep your child’s tracheostomy secure.
- how often to change your child’s trach ties and when to consult your doctor if needed
- what supplies are needed
- how to measure and cut the trach ties so they fit your child
- how to remove the dressing and assess the stoma
- how to position your child so the ties can be changed more easily
- how to remove the old ties and attach new ties to your child’s tracheostomy
- how to assess and clean your child’s neck
- how to fasten the new ties and place a new dressing
There are two check your knowledge questions during the video to help understand the steps and how to complete them safely.