Free tax preparation services are available at Karabots for families that make less than $54,000.
Tax preparation services will be provided by the Campaign for Working Families, Inc., a nonprofit organization that is committed to helping working families and individuals achieve economic empowerment.
Find out if there is money waiting for you!
Some people will get hundreds or thousands of dollars back from the IRS by claiming the Earned Income Tax Credit when they file their taxes. Come to one of our free tax preparation clinics to find out if you’re one of them.
JAN. 22 – APRIL 17
Tuesdays and Thursdays: 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Saturdays: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Special tax prep and financial wellness counseling nights
Monday, Feb. 18; Wednesday, March 20; Wednesday, April 10: 2 – 5 p.m.
Nicholas and Athena Karabots Pediatric Care Center
4865 Market St.
Philadelphia, PA 19139
No appointment necessary. Walk-in and drop-off options available.
Childcare will not be provided.
What to bring
- Original Social Security cards for yourself and all of your dependents
- Valid state-issued photo ID
- Income documents and forms you’ve received from your employer, including W-2s and 1099s (Misc, R, G, etc.)
- Voided check for direct deposit
- Child care provider Social Security number or EIN
- Education credit form (1098-T) (if applicable)
- Last year’s tax return
- Health insurance form (1095-A) (if applicable)
- Identity theft protection PIN (if applicable)
We don't do
- Complicated and advanced Schedules C & E
- Employee business expenses
- Moving/relocation expenses
- Investment income for individuals 18 or younger
- Joint business or partnership returns
- International or nonresident returns
We also offer
- E-file services — get your refund in 10 days (with direct deposit)
- Additional financial assistance and screening for benefits including LIHEAP, SNAP, savings bonds and prepaid debit cards
- Credit reports and one-on-one credit counseling
- Information on healthy living and financial matters