Serenity Sessions is a support group open to all patients of the Center for Fetal Diagnosis & Treatment (CFDT) and their support people.
This educational and experiential group will help you:
- Decrease feelings of isolation
- Manage daily stress
- Relieve negative thoughts and worries
- Increase parent/child attachment
- Build a supportive community
The support group is held every Friday from 9:30 a.m. – 11 a.m. in room 5206 on the 5th floor of the Wood Building (also called the “Elephant Room”).
What to expect
Through a rotating series of five classes, participants will learn ways to manage stress through:
- Mindfulness and relaxation skills
- Weaving, embroidery and other crafts
- Gentle stretches and mindful movement
- Motivational collage and reflection
- Nutrition, sleep and physical care
Come for just one session or as many as you would like. Light refreshments will be provided.
Note: There is no child care for this group. Adults only, please.
For more information about the group, please contact Dr. Joanna Cole, CFDT/SDU Clinical Psychologist, via email or at 215-590-3718, or any member of the CFDT psychosocial support team.
Learn more about the many counseling and support services available to families.