Published on in CHOP News
From April 30 – June 4, 2021, representatives from Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) will be in attendance for the 2021 Virtual Pediatric Academic Societies (PAS) Meeting.
Stop by our virtual booth for updates on our research, clinical programs and more. We thank you for your ongoing partnership and look forward to seeing everyone virtually.
2021 Awards, News and Highlights
See the latest about our extraordinary clinical care and services for you and your patients:
- Society for Pediatric Research Honors Dr. Susan Furth with the Maureen Andrew Mentor Award
- Physician-in-Chief Joseph W. St. Geme Wins Leadership Award
- Updates from the Division of Orthopaedics
- Celebrating 25 Years of Fetal Medicine and the Life-Changing Innovations to Come
- A special message from Lisa R. Young, MD, Division of Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine Chief
- About the Pediatric Transplant Center
May 11 Pediatric Partners COVID-19 Town Hall: Vaccines, Trials, MIS-C, and The New Normal
Please join us for our monthly COVID-19 update for a comprehensive review on recent variants and spread, vaccines, trials, MIS-C, and The New Normal. Susan Coffin, MD, MPH will provide an update on Covid-19 in our region, across our nation and around the globe with a specific update on the variants. Paul Offit, MD will review the current state of vaccine options.
Not Attending PAS this year?
Check out our virtual schedule for other upcoming professional events, including
- May 4: Pediatric Fracture Care: Pearls and Pitfalls
- May 6: Cellicon Valley ’21: The Future of Cell and Gene Therapies
- May 14: New Frontiers in Allergy, Immunology and Infectious Disease
Resources for clinicians
- Clinical pathways
- Continuing medical education, including online CMEs
- Educational materials, including access free recorded lectures through CHOP OPEN
- Fellowships and training programs
- Podcasts: Check out two CHOP-hosted podcasts (also available on your preferred podcast player)
- Primary Care Perspectives: A podcast series for pediatricians tackles hot topics in pediatric primary care and issues affecting the daily practice of pediatricians — check out recent episodes aboutBreastfeeding Guidelines for Pediatricians,Childhood Literacy,and more.
- BREAKING THROUGH with Madeline Bell: Madeline Bell, CEO of Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, takes you behind the scenes to meet the brilliant minds who are making — and supporting — incredible breakthroughs in pediatric medicine.
- Children's Doctor, our newsletter for physicians, medical staff and alumni (subscribe here)
- Up-to-date vaccine information and educational materials from the Vaccine Education Center
See the latest in research and clinical care at CHOP, including:
- Jill and Mark Fishman Center for Lymphatic Disorders
- Center for Pediatric Airway Disorders
- Center for Thoracic Insufficiency Syndrome
- Newborn and Infant Chronic Lung Disease Program
Visit www.chop.edu/professionals for more. If you have questions or would like to request any educational materials, please contact us at any time.
Below are just a few of our many educational videos developed for both physicians and patient families. Check out our YouTube channel for a full library of videos from The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
Watch CHOP physicians demonstrate how to perform specific evaluations on children and teens. Topics include abdominal exams, evaluations for concussion and stroke, exam of normal and abnormal thyroid, and a variety of orthopedic exams.
A library of videos produced or recommended by CHOP’s Vaccine Education Center answer common questions about vaccines. Topics include age groups and vaccines, safety and science, recent vaccine developments, the HPV vaccine and more.
Have a question about CHOP’s participation at PAS? Email PhysicianReferralSer@chop.edu.
To refer a patient, get a second opinion, or for a general conversation with a CHOP specialist, call our clinician priority line at 1-800-879-2467 (1-800-TRY-CHOP) and press 2 to speak directly with a provider.
You can also reach us via email at TryCHOP@email.chop.edu or fax at 1-844-329-2467 (1-844-FAX-CHOP).
For International Patient Services, call 001-267-426-6298 or contact us online by filling out our International Medicine appointments and questions form.
For career opportunities, please email PhysicianRecruitment@chop.edu.
Stay connected: sign up for newsletters
Get the latest news from our clinical departments and leadership, and hear about upcoming professional education opportunities in our monthly e-newsletter, Pediatric Partners.
Sign up for email updates from Physician Referral Services.