Published on in CHOP News
Planning is underway for the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) 2017 National Conference & Exhibition in Chicago. Representatives from Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) will be in attendance Sept. 16 – 19, 2017.
Stop by the CHOP booth (#203) and our Vaccine Education Center booth right across the aisle (#202) for one-on-one conversations with our presenters, updates about our services for you and your patients, and to meet more members of our team!
"CHOP and Friends" event
Join us at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 16, at the Marriott Marquis Chicago for a special reception for current and former staff, those who trained at CHOP, friends and family.
Resources for clinicians
Find quick links below for some of the resources and topics we'll be covering at the booth.
- Clinical pathways
- Continuing medical education, including online CMEs
- Fellowships and training programs
- Primary Care Perspectives, a podcast series for pediatricians that tackles hot topics in pediatric primary care and issues affecting the daily practice of pediatricians — check out recent episodes about meningitis B, community-acquired pneumonia, noise-induced hearing loss and integrative medicine
- Children's Doctor, our newsletter for physicians, medical staff and alumni (subscribe here)
- Up-to-date vaccine information and educational materials from the Vaccine Education Center
- Resources by clinical specialty, such as:
- Referral guidelines
- Diagnostic algorithms
- Tools for managing specific conditions, such as dyslipidemia, and common childhood injuries such as ingestion of button batteries (Visit the AAP's Button Battery Task Force for resources)
- Evaluation and treatment of pediatric airway disorders
Visit www.chop.edu/professionals for more. If you have questions or would like to request any educational materials, please contact us at any time.
Below are just a few of our many educational videos developed for both physicians and patient families. Check out our YouTube channel for a full library of videos from Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
Watch CHOP physicians demonstrate how to perform specific evaluations on children and teens. Topics include abdominal exams, evaluations for concussion and stroke, exam of normal and abnormal thyroid, and a variety of orthopedic exams.
A library of videos produced or recommended by CHOP’s Vaccine Education Center answer common questions about vaccines. Topics include age groups and vaccines, safety and science, recent vaccine developments, the HPV vaccine and more.
Have a question about CHOP’s participation at AAP? Email PhysicianReferralSer@email.chop.edu.
To refer a patient, get a second opinion, or for a general conversation with a CHOP specialist, call our clinician priority line at 1-800-879-2467 (1-800-TRY-CHOP) and press 2 to speak directly with a provider.
You can also reach us via email at TryCHOP@email.chop.edu or fax at 1-844-329-2467 (1-844-FAX-CHOP).
For Global Patient Services, call 001-267-426-6298 or contact us online by filling out our Global Medicine appointments and questions form.