In November 2018, representatives from Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) attended the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) 2018 National Conference & Exhibition in Orlando.
Resources for clinicians
Find quick links below for some of the resources and topics covered at the booth.
- Clinical pathways
- Continuing medical education, including online CMEs
- Fellowships and training programs
- Primary Care Perspectives, a podcast series for pediatricians that tackles hot topics in pediatric primary care and issues affecting the daily practice of pediatricians — check out recent episodes about meningitis B, community-acquired pneumonia, noise-induced hearing loss and integrative medicine
- Children's Doctor, our newsletter for physicians, medical staff and alumni (subscribe here)
- Up-to-date vaccine information and educational materials from the Vaccine Education Center
- News from our cutting-edge frontier programs, designated for their work connecting research breakthroughs with extraordinary clinical care
- Cancer Immunotherapy
- Jill and Mark Fishman Center for Lymphatic Disorders
- Center for Pediatric Airway Disorders
- Center for Pediatric Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Center for Thoracic Insufficiency Syndrome
- Food Allergy Center
- Immune Dysregulation Program
- Mitochondrial Medicine
- Newborn and Infant Chronic Lung Disease Program
- Resources by clinical specialty, such as:
- Referral guidelines
- Diagnostic algorithms
- Tools for managing specific conditions, such as dyslipidemia, and common childhood injuries such as ingestion of button batteries (Visit the AAP's Button Battery Task Force for resources)
- Evaluation and treatment of pediatric airway disorders
Visit www.chop.edu/professionals for more. If you have questions or would like to request any educational materials, please contact us at any time.
Below are just a few of our many educational videos developed for both physicians and patient families. Check out our YouTube channel for a full library of videos from Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
Watch CHOP physicians demonstrate how to perform specific evaluations on children and teens. Topics include abdominal exams, evaluations for concussion and stroke, exam of normal and abnormal thyroid, and a variety of orthopedic exams.
A library of videos produced or recommended by CHOP’s Vaccine Education Center answer common questions about vaccines. Topics include age groups and vaccines, safety and science, recent vaccine developments, the HPV vaccine and more.
Have a question about CHOP’s participation at AAP? Email PhysicianReferralSer@email.chop.edu.
To refer a patient, get a second opinion, or for a general conversation with a CHOP specialist, call our clinician priority line at 1-800-879-2467 (1-800-TRY-CHOP) and press 2 to speak directly with a provider.
You can also reach us via email at TryCHOP@email.chop.edu or fax at 1-844-329-2467 (1-844-FAX-CHOP).
For Global Patient Services, call 001-267-426-6298 or contact us online by filling out our Global Medicine appointments and questions form.