Published on in CHOP News
Planning is underway for the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) 2019 National Conference & Exhibition in New Orleans. Representatives from Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) will be in attendance Oct. 25 - 29, 2019.
Stop by the CHOP booth (#147) and our Vaccine Education Center booth right across the aisle (#146) for one-on-one conversations with our presenters, updates about our services for you and your patients, and to meet more members of our team!
Resources for clinicians
Find quick links below for some of the educational resources and topics we'll be covering at the booth.
- Clinical pathways
- Continuing medical education, including online CMEs
- Fellowships and training programs
- Podcasts: Check out two CHOP-hosted podcasts (you can also find these shows on your preferred podcast player)
- Primary Care Perspectives: A podcast series for pediatricians tackles hot topics in pediatric primary care and issues affecting the daily practice of pediatricians — check out recent episodes about scoliosis, vitamin D, e-cigarette use in adolescents, and medical care of transgender and gender-diverse youth.
- BREAKING THROUGH with Madeline Bell: Madeline Bell, CEO of Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, takes you behind the scenes to meet the brilliant minds who are making — and supporting — incredible breakthroughs in pediatric medicine.
- Children's Doctor, our newsletter for physicians, medical staff and alumni (subscribe here)
- Up-to-date vaccine information and educational materials from the Vaccine Education Center
- News from our cutting-edge frontier programs, designated for their work connecting research breakthroughs with extraordinary clinical care
- Resources by clinical specialty, such as:
- Referral guidelines
- Speakers bureau
- Diagnostic algorithms
- Tools for managing specific conditions, such as dyslipidemia, and common childhood injuries such as ingestion of button batteries (Visit the AAP's Button Battery Task Force for resources)
- Evaluation and treatment of pediatric airway disorders
- Check out our YouTube channel for a full library of videos developed for both physicians and patient families from Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
Visit www.chop.edu/professionals for more resources and training opportunities. If you have questions or would like to request any educational materials, please contact us at any time.
For Global Patient Services, call 001-267-426-6298 or contact us online by filling out our Global Medicine appointments and questions form.
To refer a patient, get a second opinion, or for a general conversation with a CHOP specialist, call our clinician priority line at 1-800-879-2467 (1-800-TRY-CHOP) and press 2 to speak directly with a provider. Visit our referral toolkit for more fast, easy ways to get in touch.
Stay connected: Sign up for newsletters
Sign up to get the latest news from our clinical departments and leadership, and hear about upcoming professional education opportunities in our monthly e-newsletter, Pediatric Partners.
If you're interested in hearing more in-depth news from specific clinical areas, we encourage you to explore the list of other email newsletters published by various specialties at CHOP. If you're already subscribed, you can manage your preferences in your subscription, or check out the full list of specialty newsletters that may be of interest to you.