Representatives from Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) participated in the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) Virtual 2020 National Conference & Exhibition from Oct. 2 - 5, 2020.
2020 News and Highlights
See the latest about our extraordinary clinical care and services for you and your patients:
- Study Shows Benefits of Fetal Surgery for Spina Bifida Endure to Childhood
- CHOP Announces New Pulmonary Advanced Diagnostic Center
- About Our Liver Transplant Program
COVID-19 Vaccines & Fall Spread Projections Lecture on Sunday, Oct. 4.
CHOP hosted a live lecture for the General Practitioner on Sunday, Oct. 4. Vaccine expert Paul Offit, MD, who is part of the National Institutes of Health and World Health Organization groups overseeing the development of COVID-19 vaccines, will discuss the safety of vaccines being developed at “Warp Speed.” David Rubin, MD, MSCE, Director of CHOP’s PolicyLab, will discuss PolicyLab’s COVID-19 forecasting model, which provides outbreak projections for 800 counties. Lectures were followed by Q&A, moderated by Katie Lockwood, MD.
Not Attending AAP this year?
Check out our virtual schedule for other upcoming professional events.
Resources for clinicians
Find quick links below for some of the educational resources and topics we'll be covering at the booth.
- Clinical pathways
- Continuing medical education, including online CMEs
- Fellowships and training programs
- Podcasts: Check out two CHOP-hosted podcasts (also available on your preferred podcast player)
- Primary Care Perspectives: A podcast series for pediatricians tackles hot topics in pediatric primary care and issues affecting the daily practice of pediatricians — check out recent episodes about Breastfeeding Guidelines for Pediatricians, Childhood Literacy, and more.
- BREAKING THROUGH with Madeline Bell: Madeline Bell, CEO of Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, takes you behind the scenes to meet the brilliant minds who are making — and supporting — incredible breakthroughs in pediatric medicine.
- Children's Doctor, our newsletter for physicians, medical staff and alumni (subscribe here)
- Up-to-date vaccine information and educational materials from the Vaccine Education Center
- Check out our YouTube channel for a full library of videos developed for both physicians and patient families from Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
Visit www.chop.edu/professionals for more resources and training opportunities. If you have questions or would like to request any educational materials, please contact us at any time.
For Global Patient Services, call 001-267-426-6298 or contact us online by filling out our Global Medicine appointments and questions form.
To refer a patient, get a second opinion, or for a general conversation with a CHOP specialist, call our clinician priority line at 1-800-879-2467 (1-800-TRY-CHOP) and press 2 to speak directly with a provider. Visit our referral toolkit for more fast, easy ways to get in touch.
Stay connected: Sign up for newsletters
Sign up to get the latest news from our clinical departments and leadership, and hear about upcoming professional education opportunities in our monthly e-newsletter, Pediatric Partners.
If you're interested in hearing more in-depth news from specific clinical areas, we encourage you to explore the list of other email newsletters published by various specialties at CHOP. If you're already subscribed, you can manage your preferences in your subscription, or check out the full list of specialty newsletters that may be of interest to you.