Philly.com Guest Blog Post Highlights the Dangers of "Button Batteries"

Published on in CHOP News

Each year, more than 2,500 children are treated in hospitals after ingesting button batteries. These small, coin-sized batteries can cause burns to the digestive tract and the esophagus. If not removed in time, button batteries can be fatal.

Marco Lombardo, PharmD Candidate, and Jeremy Tran, Public Education Co-Coordinator, from the Poison Control Center at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, authored a guest blog post for the Philly.com Healthy Kids blog about the dangers of button batteries and how you can minimize your child's risk.

Button batteries can be found in common household items, including remote controls, cameras and calculators. They can also be found in toys.

Read the post on Philly.com to learn more.