The HTC has just finished putting together welcome backpacks for patients newly diagnosed with hemophilia. The backpacks include a binder with important information for all new families. Binder highlights include:
- Helpful tips for the first year of life
- HTC phone numbers
- Description of comprehensive care
- Hemophilia education, including genetics
- CHOP Home Care information
- Patient choice policy
- Medic alert information
- Explanation of factor products
- Amicar facts
We also offer a treatment log to document all factor infusions in a smaller binder. New families receive both binders in a red and black backpack with the CHOP logo on the front.
We hope that these resources are helpful to our families. If you have any suggestions on additional resources that should be included, please let Sue Gallagher, R.N., (above with a backpack) know by email at email@example.com.