Kids Health Galaxy: Our Web Site for Kids
At The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, we understand that illness and hospitalization are stressful events in the lives of children and their families. We also know that education and preparation make a positive difference in how children and their families cope with these events. Our Web site for kids, Kids Health Galaxy, is dedicated to making such a difference.
What you'll find on Kids Health Galaxy:
- Information for children ages 6 to 12 about coming to the hospital, and what to bring with you for an overnight stay
- A kid-friendly virtual tour of Children's Hospital
- Descriptions of some of the people you may meet when you visit
- Animated movies describing some common medical procedures, like having an x-ray or getting an IV
- Definitions of medical equipment kids are frequently exposed to in a hospital setting
- An online pre-operative tour, describing what it's like to have an operation at Children's Hospital
- Games and activities
Research has shown that children who are prepared for healthcare experiences have better outcomes. Whether your child is coming to Children's Hospital for the first time or has visited us before, this site will help your visit go more smoothly.
Health information approved by staff
All medical information on the site has been reviewed and approved by our medical staff, and is re-reviewed on a regular basis. You can find the most recent review date on the bottom of each screen, on the left-hand side.
We hope your time on kidshealthgalaxy.com is helpful and educational. We depend on you to help us improve and fine-tune the information on the site. If you have questions, ideas or comments about Kids Health Galaxy, please feel free to contact us.