Pediatric Emergency Medicine Podcast
A Pediatric Emergency Medicine Podcast to educate, enlighten and inform.
Join host Robert A. Belfer, MD, a Pediatric Emergency Medicine physician at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia as he chats with local, regional, national and international leaders in the fields of Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Neurology, Surgery, Radiology, Intensive Care, Infectious Disease and others who will offer insights into the latest clinical updates and innovations in Pediatric Emergency Medicine.
The content contained in the following podcasts is current as of the date of publication.
- Episode 8: The Febrile Infant - Join host Dr. Bob Belfer as he talks to PEM experts Dr. Rich Scarfone and Dr. Prashant Majahan about how to approach the infant with a fever.
- Episode 7: MIS-C - Do not MISS this episode as Dr. Bob Belfer chats MIS-C with Dr. Josh Rocker [PEM], Dr. Hamid Bassiri [ID] and Dr. Katie Chiotos [PICU]
- Episode 6: Blunt Abdominal Trauma - Join host Dr. Bob Belfer as he talks "Blunt Abdominal Trauma" with guests Dr. Eron Friedlaender [PEM], Dr. Summer Kaplan [RAD] and Dr. Michael Nance [Surgeon]
- Episode 5: Sepsis - Join host Dr. Bob Belfer as he talks Pediatric Sepsis with Dr. Scott Weiss [PICU], Dr. Fran Balamuth [PEM] and PEM RN Mary Kate Abbadessa
- Episode 4: Appendicitis — Join host Dr. Bob Belfer as he talks appendicitis with Dr. Mark Joffe [PEM], Dr. Asef Khwaja [Radiologist] and Dr. Gary Nace [Surgeon]
- Episode 3: Status Epilepticus — Join host Dr. Bob Belfer as he chats with Dr. Jim Chamberlain [PEM] and Dr. Dennis Dlugos [Neurologist]
- Episode 2: A Conversation with Dr. Paul Offit — Dr. Paul Offit discusses his latest book, OVERKILL: When Modern Medicine Goes Too Far and COVID Updates from the Expert.
- Episode 1: PEM Podcast Intro — Dr. Steve Ludwig and Dr. Fred Henretig introduce the CHOP PEM Podcast debuting January 2021.
Continuing Medical Education Statement
Physicians who view the podcast from the beginning to the end may self-report .25 AMA PRA Category 2 credit for each podcast in which they participate.
Host: Robert A. Belfer, MD
Education Director: Jill Posner, MD
Senior Medical Advisor: Steve Ludwig, MD
Senior Medical Advisor: Fred Henretig, MD
Producers: Katherine Bach, Meghan Chamberlain, Sam Grinberg, Jeremy Jones, Jingxin Li, Sarah Perelman
Editor: Clair, Nodderly.com