Travel Advisories and Quarantine Guidance During COVID-19
The states of Pennsylvania and New Jersey have travel advisories in place for people entering from out of state. Review them here:
Do PA and NJ quarantine and testing requirements affect my child's visit to CHOP?
No. At this time, there are no changes to our current safety or screening protocols. Admissions to the hospital for inpatient stays and outpatient visits to all CHOP facilities may continue as planned.
If patients are traveling to a CHOP facility in PA or NJ from a different state, they will not be placed under additional precautions unless:
- They have had a personal exposure to a known or suspected case of COVID-19
- Have symptoms consistent with COVID-19
- Have tested positive for COVID-19
What do quarantine recommendations mean for CHOP patients?
Family members will be required to quarantine in Pennsylvania or New Jersey for up to 14 days from travel, though they may travel to and from all CHOP facilities to their local residence (if staying in the area overnight).
Family members should avoid unnecessary local travel, including sightseeing.
You do not need to remain in Pennsylvania or New Jersey for 14 days if your child’s care is complete before the 14 days have passed.
How we're keeping our patients safe
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia has always been a safe place for your child to receive care. Since the COVID-19 pandemic began in March, the hospital has enhanced safety protocols for all patients, families and staff.
These safety measures include:
- Cleaning procedures following all CDC guidelines
- Universal masking for everyone older than age 2 entering a CHOP facility
- The use of additional personal protective equipment (i.e. gowns, gloves, face shields) as needed
- Exposure screening for everyone before entry, to assess the risk from any possible exposure to COVID-19
- Admission testing for patients
We are confident in our ability to keep you and your family safe at our Main Hospital, and all of CHOP's satellite locations. Because of this, there are currently no additional isolation or precautions in place for patients coming from anywhere within the United States.
For more details about your child's care and policies in place to protect our patients, families and staff from COVID-19, please refer to the following: