Anterior Knee Pain
What is anterior knee pain?
Anterior knee pain is pain at the front of the knee. It can be due to a number of different causes, such as:
- Twisting or contact injuries that may have caused breaks in the bone or cartilage
- Ligament injuries
Anterior knee pain conditions include:
- Softening of the under surface of the knee cap
- Inflammation of the tendon below the knee
- Inflammation of the bone into which the tendon inserts
- Abnormal alignment of the lower extremities
- Excessive contracture of the hamstring muscles
- Overuse of the leg from repetitive impact activity
How we can help — treatment options
Orthopaedic surgeons at The Children's Hospital will evaluate the pain to determine its source and the best course of treatment for your child.