The Buerger Center for Advanced Pediatric Care revolutionizes care for children, standing as the nation’s most state-of-the-art facility for outpatient medicine. The 12-story Buerger Center has been designed to reduce stress for patients and their families and provide a smooth, efficient experience.
Services at the Buerger Center
Some of the departments currently scheduling appointments at the Buerger Center include:
- Oncology and hematology: Outpatient oncology and hematology appointments take place on the 3rd floor of the Buerger Center, where you’ll also find the Alex Scott Day Hospital, which is surrounded with windows for lots of natural light.
- The Center for Childhood Communication: The Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology departments are seeing patients on the 5th floor, which is uniquely equipped to accommodate patients and visitors with hearing loss and communication disorders.
- The Division of Otolaryngology: The Center for Pediatric Airway Disorders, Pediatric Voice Program, Cochlear Implant Program and the Skull Base Surgery Program are all located on the 5th floor of the Buerger Center.
- Radiology, imaging and sedation: The Buerger Center’s sedation and imaging center is on the 2nd floor and has a mock MRI room, where Child Life specialists can prepare children for procedures.
When scheduling an appointment at CHOP’s Main Campus location, you will be told where your child’s visit will be held, whether at the Main Hospital, the Wood Building, or at the Buerger Center. If you are unsure of where your appointment will take place, please check with the appropriate department.
Location and parking
The Buerger Center for Advanced Pediatric Care is on Civic Center Boulevard just south of Children’s Hospital’s Main Building. The parking garage is located beneath the building. To access it, turn left from Civic Center Boulevard onto Osler Circle and onto the Buerger Center plaza.
About the Buerger Center
The Buerger Center for Advanced Pediatric Care was made possible by charitable donations, including a landmark $50 million gift from the Buerger family. The building features:
- Clinical neighborhoods that group together related specialties.
- A design that makes it easy for you to find your way around the building.
- Spacious, light-filled waiting rooms for patients and families.
- “Wait. Play. Learn.” areas for educational play before and between appointments.
- A 1,500-vehicle garage to make arrival and departure a simple and pleasant experience