Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
The Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is the most active children’s plastic surgery center in the Philadelphia region, and one of the largest in the United States. We are dedicated to giving children the individualized care they need and deserve. Our reputation has brought families to us from across the country and around the world seeking our expertise and treatment.
The Face to Face Portrait Project at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia links professional photographers and artists with children who have undergone craniofacial surgery to create portraits that make them feel better about themselves.
Located within a top-ranked pediatric institution that is committed to research and innovation, the pediatric plastic and reconstructive surgeons at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia have the expertise needed to provide the best comprehensive care for your child.
Our surgeons have vast experience with the full spectrum of plastic surgical problems, from the routine to the rare. Many of the conditions we treat fall into the following categories:
- Breast deformities
- Brachial plexus and peripheral nerve injuries
- Facial motion disorders – disorders that result in absent, weakened or abnormal facial motion in children
- Cleft lip and cleft palate – congenital abnormalities of the mouth and lip
- Craniofacial deformities – congenital and acquired anomalies of the skull and face
- Ear deformities
- Vascular malformations – blood vessel abnormalities of the face and body
- Hand disorders
- Velopharyngeal dysfunction – a condition that causes complications with swallowing, breathing and speech
- Cleft and craniofacial orthodontic issues
- Appearance-related conditions and cosmetic conditions including scars
Learn more about how we manage these conditions and the treatment options available to your child.
Our Programs and Services
Our specialized programs, led by multidisciplinary teams of pediatric specialists, provide optimal care for plastic and reconstructive surgery patients with certain types of deformities who require long-term, integrated treatment.
Our multidisciplinary team brings together experts who specialize in caring for children who need plastic and reconstructive surgery, providing supportive, comprehensive care to patients and families before, during and after treatment.