Your child’s occupational therapy appointment will be scheduled at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia’s Main Campus in Philadelphia or one of the CHOP Care Network Specialty Care Centers that provide OT services. When you call to set up your child’s appointment, you will decide which location is best for your family. Directions to each location are available online.
On the day of your child’s appointment
We ask that you arrive 15 to 20 minutes prior to your child’s appointment time to allow enough time to register. Registration may take 5 to 10 minutes.
During registration, please have the following information ready:
• Your child’s social security number.
• Your child’s medical insurance card.
• A prescription for occupational therapy from your physician is required. We must receive this prior to your child’s appointment or on the day of your child’s appointment in order to provide services to your child.
• A referral for services may be required based on your child’s insurance policy. If it is required, please bring it to the appointment along with your child’s prescription.
• Co-pay (you may find the amount of your co-pay on your insurance card, under "specialty").
During your child's appointment
Typically an occupational therapy appointment lasts an hour. Specific OT interventions or tools will be based on your child’s condition and specific needs.
Please note: If your child arrives late for the appointment by 15 minutes or more, you will be asked to reschedule.
Copy of medical records
To request a copy of your child’s medical record, please contact our Medical Records Department at 215-590-7720.