The Department of Physician Referral Services at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia serves as your direct contact when you have questions, concerns or problems accessing or navigating one of our services.
The department is staffed by physician liaisons and support personnel who link pediatricians, family practitioners, pediatric and adult specialists and other healthcare providers to the Hospital's many programs and services. Each physician liaison is responsible for a specific geographic area, including our liaison for the Center for Fetal Diagnosis and Treatment. Visit our team page to find the contact information for each of our liaisons to initiate a personal visit to your office.
- Fast, easy ways to get in touch
To discuss a patient with a CHOP clinician or for help navigating the CHOP system, we have several communication options for our referring partners:
- Call our new clinician priority phone line at 1-800-TRY-CHOP and press 2 to speak directly with a CHOP provider. Our professional, clinically supervised staff will answer your call and connect you to the on-call physician or nurse practitioner in the CHOP program you specify. In the rare instances when the clinician on call is not available in the moment, you will receive a call back within 30 minutes.
- Email TryCHOP@email.chop.edu. Please include your name and contact information and remember to use appropriate security measures when sending patient information via email.
- If you need to send clinical information about a patient and are not sure which number to use, send it to our new central fax number 1-844-FAX-CHOP.
Our fax and email account are monitored during normal business hours only. To convey clinically relevant information about patients or make an urgent referral after hours, call our Transport Communications Specialists at 215-590-2160.
Link2CHOP is an electronic, Internet-based portal for referring physician offices that provides real-time, “read-only” access to the CHOP Electronic Medical Record (EPIC) and enables you to place specialist consult orders.
Learn more about Link2CHOP, including how to get started.
- Sign up for updates
To stay up to date on educational opportunities, changes to CHOP policies and news from our clinical departments and leadership, please sign up to receive email updates from Physician Referral Services.
In addition to sharing timely information, our monthly e-newsletter, Pediatric Partners, will provide ongoing access updates, details about new clinical services, changes to appointment availability, resources for your patients, professional education opportunities and more.
- Update your practice information
If you change your address, add new physicians or have any new information you want to share with us, please update your practice information »
- Find provider insurance information
You can access CHOP group National Provider Identifier numbers (NPI) for all CHOP providers in Pennsylvania and New Jersey (includes Facilities, Medical (CHCA), Surgical (CSA), Children’s Seashore House Rehab (CSH), Behavioral Health, and Radiology) using our Group NPI Grid (PDF). If you are unable to locate the number you are seeking or have questions, please contact the specific specialty division for additional information.
For individual NPI numbers, visit http://www.cms.gov/.
Detailed billing and insurance information is available for patient families.
- Arrange a CME program
- Meet our team
Judi Lauria is the director of Physician Referral Services at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
Our physician liaisons are each responsible for a specific geographic area.
Physician Liaison in PA
Physician Liaison in NJ
Senior Physician Liaison in PA