The Application Process
Resident applicants are selected through the National Resident Matching Program. The first-year residency program at Children's Hospital begins during the third week of June. The second- and third-year programs begin on July 1. If you need special information or further assistance please call 215-590-1220.
- You must be a graduate of a United States or Canadian medical school or you must have completed one year of formal, post -graduate training in a U.S. hospital.
- You must have passed USMLE Part I. We require that you have taken and passed Step II before the start of training.
How to apply
- Apply using the ERAS System
- Deadline is Dec. 1
- We will review an application once we receive the ERAS application form, personal statement, medical school transcript and USMLE or COMLEX scores. We review applications on a rolling basis.
- We do not accept Universal Application for Residency
- Letters of recommendation:
- We require a minimum of three letters of recommendation.
- We will review and consider any letter of recommendation that comes to us through ERAS.
- We prefer letters from physicians who know who know you well and are in a position to comment on your skills, abilities, accomplishments and suitability for a residency position. We do not require a letter from the Chair of Pediatrics at your school.