Center for Management of ADHD
At the Center for Management of ADHD, we provide diagnostic evaluations, therapy and medication for children who have — or are at risk for developing — attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
We are the region’s largest and most comprehensive ADHD centerm, and our services are available at CHOP’s Main Campus, as well as several locations throughout the Delaware Valley.
Your child will work with a team of healthcare professionals that may include clinical and school psychologists, child and adolescent psychiatrists, developmental and behavioral pediatric physicians and advanced practice nurses.
This team approach to care allows us to offer children 4 through 18 years of age a variety of services aimed at promoting health and wellbeing, including:
- Medication consultation and management
- Family behavior therapy
- Group parent training programs to provide education about ADHD and strategies to promote child’s success at home and school
Our center is committed to continuing to learn about ADHD, developing more effective treatments for the disorder, and improving the care of children with ADHD. Current areas of research include:
- Assessing ADHD in children and teens
- Developing and evaluating family and school interventions for children with ADHD or who are at risk of developing the condition
- Developing strategies to manage ADHD in primary care practices
- Factors contributing to driving risks for children with ADHD
- Understanding the neurobiology of ADHD