The Main Campus complex in Philadelphia's University City neighborhood is the heart of the CHOP Care Network. It includes:
The 535-bed Main Building, which is devoted primarily to inpatient care. Special units and capabilities include:
- The 83-bed Harriet and Ronald Lassin Newborn/Infant Intensive Care Unit (N/IICU)
- The Garbose Family Special Delivery Unit, the world's first birth facility exclusively for mothers delivering babies with birth defects.
- Comprehensive cardiac care facilities, including a dedicated imaging suite and two specialized inpatient units
- A recently renovated radiology suite, with advanced technologies including functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (fMRI) and Positron Emission Technology (PET).
- The Emergency Department, which sees close to 90,000 patients a year and was the first accredited Level 1 Trauma Center for children in the Delaware Valley
- The CHOP Research Institute, with facilities in the Leonard and Madlyn Abramson Pediatric Research Center and the Colket Translational Research Building
- The Richard D. Wood Pediatric Ambulatory Care Center, which houses many outpatient clinical services and serves as a referral center for area pediatricians
- Children's Seashore House, a medical care and rehabilitation facility for children with chronic illnesses and severe developmental disabilities
To help find your way around our Main Campus location, please refer to our Main Campus maps.