Infant Single Ventricle Monitoring Program (ISVMP): Outpatient Pathway - Stage I Discharge to Stage II Operation
Decision guidance (discuss with surgeon if concerns), considerations include:
- Standard recommended time is 4.5m.
- Consider earlier stage II (4 months) for restrictive shunt in growing patients with otherwise straightforward anatomy
- Consider later stage II (5 months) for bilateral SVC particularly if patient is on smaller side.
- Note that interstage risk is higher in patients with BT shunt than RVPA conduit (Sano modification).
- For patients with interrupted IVC typical time for second stage (Kawashima) is around 6 months