Resources for Families
There are many resources and support services available to families of patients being cared for by the Cleft Lip and Palate Program, both here at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and in your community.
- 22q and You Center – provides services for families of children with the chromosome 22q11.2 deletion, a genetic disorder that may cause cleft palate
- The Connelly Resource Center for Families – offers many resources that families might need during their stay, including laundry services, a kitchen area, library and Family Learning Center
- Directions, Maps and Parking – shares details about traveling to CHOP, and what to do when you arrive
- Where to Stay – if you’re traveling from far away or need to stay in Philadelphia for an extended period of time, this page offers a variety of lodging options
- Guide to Your Child’s Surgery – includes helpful information about what you and your child can expect when she has surgery at CHOP
In your community
In addition to the many resources and support services for cleft lip and palate patients at CHOP, there are a variety of community organizations and advocacy groups that raise awareness and offer support for patients and families with these conditions. Below are just a few examples where you might find condition-related news or events near you.