Corporate Charitable Partnerships
The benefits of a charitable partnership
Support from corporations like yours allows Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) to provide top-ranked care to children and families in the Philadelphia region and save lives worldwide. Corporations support a wide range of cutting-edge pediatric programs, including research, patient care, child life and family support initiatives, community benefit programs, medical education and more. Executives from some of our most dedicated corporate sponsors are members of the Corporate Council.
Partnering with us also supports more than just our mission and the families we serve — it can also benefit your organization, your employees, your clients and investors, and even your customers. Potential benefits to partnering with CHOP include:
- Improving employee morale through employee engagement opportunities, fundraising campaigns, or corporate match giving programs
- Strengthening your corporate image and brand recognition through CHOP-communication vehicles, including web, print and other forms of CHOP-created media
- Naming opportunities that establish a legacy of support for the country’s most historic pediatric institution
- Inclusion in CHOP’s “giving societies” — a recognition program that promotes networking among the CHOP donor community, which totals approximately 100,000 donors on an annual basis
We’re happy to work with you to identify and develop a partnership that meets the needs of your organization. Please contact David Lowing, Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations, at 267-426-5374.
How you can help
Here are just a few of the ways your organization can join forces with CHOP to improve the lives of patients and their families.
Make a contribution
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia features a wide variety of programs that appeal to corporate giving priorities. By making a contribution to these programs, your corporation has the opportunity to impact children and families both within the CHOP network as well as our broader community. Corporate philanthropy has the ability to bring CHOP’s track record of success in pediatrics to those who need its excellence.
Sponsor an event
CHOP events offer your corporation a high-profile and high-impact vehicle to strengthen your brand while supporting the Hospital's efforts to advance pediatric healthcare. Each year, our events bring thousands of people together from throughout our broader region on the common ground of helping CHOP better serve children and families in need. Our “signature” annual events include Daisy Days, the Parkway Run & Walk, the CHOP Buddy Walk & Family Fun Day, "All In" for Kids Poker Tournament, Holiday Boutique, and our newest event, Philly Spin-in. Every two years, CHOP also hosts its Carousel Ball black-tie dinner and dance. Learn more.
Engage your business
CHOP has been a long-time beneficiary of companies who leverage their business to generate support for hospital programs. CHOP’s cause marketing program works closely with companies to tie their business or products to issues or causes.
Cause marketing programs can bolster employee morale while also improving engagement with consumers. According to the 2010 Cone Evolution Study:
- 80 percent of Americans are likely to switch brands to one that supports a cause, if price and quality are equal
- 85 percent of consumers have a more positive image of a company that supports a cause they care about
- 90 percent of consumers want companies to tell them what they are doing to benefit a cause
Educational Improvement Tax Credit Program (EITC)
Qualifying businesses can use Pennsylvania’s Educational Improvement Tax Credit Program (EITC) to redirect their state taxes from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to CHOP’s Hospital School Program. EITC provides Pennsylvania businesses with a 75% tax credit for donations to a nonprofit educational improvement organization. If the business commits to making the same donation for two consecutive years, the tax credit increases to 90%.
For more information, please contact David Lowing, Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations, at 267-426-5374.
The following corporations are members of our Chairman's Circle. We thank them for their support.
- American Heritage Federal Credit Union Kids-N-Hope Foundation
- Costco Wholesale
- Dyson Foundation
- Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia
- Genzyme Corporation
- GIANT Food Stores, LLC
- Kohl’s Department Stores
- The Merck Company Foundation
- Philadelphia Eagles
- Rite Aid
- Sam's Club
- State Farm Insurance Companies
- Vanguard and its Crew
- Wawa, Inc.
- The Wawa Foundation
- 98.1 WOGL FM
The Corporate Council of Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is comprised of top executives from the region who believe in the Hospital's mission, are committed to advancing our research and clinical priorities, and dedicated to the health and economic growth of Greater Philadelphia. Council members play an essential role as committed leaders, ambassadors, and partners on behalf of CHOP.