You don’t need experience to host an event to support CHOP — just the energy and enthusiasm to make it happen!
Host a bake sale. Organize a Battle of the Bands. Sell flowers. Hold a car wash. Play bingo. There are so many ways your community group can support tomorrow’s breakthroughs at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP).
Philanthropic gifts of all sizes fuel the innovative care and groundbreaking research that happens every day at CHOP. You can make a real difference in a child’s life.
There’s only one question: How will you get involved?
How we can help with your event
For your event, we can provide you with:
- Event Posters
- Online fundraising program
- Endorsement letter to help with planning
- Bake Sale
- Silent Auction
- Karaoke or talent contest
- Battle of the Bands event
- Guitar Hero/Rock Band competition
- Coin Drive
- Sponsored run or walk
- Car wash
- Fashion Show
- Jeans/dress down day
- Dance-a-thon or bike-a-thon events
- Sports tournaments
- Art shows
- Picnic or dinner events
Tips for planning a successful event
Planning can make a huge impact on the success of your event. These tips can help you get started.
- Choose a planning committee. Enlist enthusiastic people whose dedication and skills will make your event a success. You should also involve enough volunteers to share the workload.
- Establish measurable goals. Set realistic goals that you can measure and attain. By tracking progress, you will generate stronger event participation and community goodwill.
- Brainstorm! Get everybody thinking, dreaming, and discussing ideas. Now is the time to let imaginations soar. The more you let people participate now, the more committed they will be later.
- Choose the right event. Decide on just the right event, promotion, or fundraiser that best utilizes the unique pool of talent, skill and interests of your particular group.
- Identify your target audience. Who do you want to participate in the event? Does it include public participation or is it geared to members of a specific organization?
- Schedule your event. Pick a date and time for your event carefully to encourage maximum participation. Unless your event is holiday-related, steer away from major holidays to ensure best response. Most of all, give yourself plenty of time to organize, publicize and guarantee greater success with less headaches.
- Plan your budget. By identifying and planning for expenses and income sources in advance, you will maximize donations by keeping event costs down.
- Promote and publicize your event. Publicize early! Get the word out every way you can. TV stations, radio stations, newspapers and magazines often provide free public service time and ad space. But don't forget social media, flyers, posters, community bulletin boards, e-mails, and good old word-of-mouth.
- Collect the funds. Gather most donations ahead of time or during the event. All funds should be in-hand within 30 days of the event.
- Create a fundraising page. By creating a page individually or as a group, you can let friends and family know about your event and allow them to donate securely. You can also keep track of your donations!
- Thank you, thank you, thank you! Recognize and acknowledge everyone who participates. Let them know how much they raised and heap on the praise. This can lead to the event becoming an annual undertaking, which generates donations to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia for years to come.
- Have fun. Be sure to take lots of pictures, then send them to us to post on social media or our website!
Thanks to Our Community Fundraisers
Thank you for organizing and hosing community events to benefit Children's Hospital. You are making tomorrow's breakthroughs happen. Check out some of our past community events.