Donations of all sizes power every lifesaving treatment and game-changing discovery at CHOP. Give now to help us find better treatments and provide our patients and our community with much-needed programs and services. And most of all, help all children reach their potential.
If you would like to make a donation or have a question about a gift you have already made, please call our Donor Relations Line at 267-426-5332 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Please note that Development Office staff are working remotely but are checking voicemail frequently. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not leave any credit card information in a voicemail or in an e-mail.
- Cash gifts, made online or by mail or by wire transfer, offer you a charitable tax deduction.
- Stocks and mutual funds: By making this type of gift, you can avoid paying capital gains tax that would otherwise be due if you sold these assets.
- Donor Advised Fund: If you have established a DAF, consider recommending a grant to CHOP.
- IRA charitable rollover: Make a gift directly from your IRA to CHOP by contacting your financial institution.
- Retirement assets, such as a gift from your IRA, 401k, 403b, pension, or other tax-deferred plan.
- Wills and trusts: You can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift to CHOP as part of your estate plan.
- Establish a Charitable Gift Annuity or a Charitable Trust to receive income for life and additional tax benefits.
- Life Insurance, if your life insurance policy is no longer needed or will no longer benefit your survivors.
- Fundraising for CHOP: Start a virtual toy drive, organize a community fundraiser, create an online fundraising page, or run a race for “Team CHOP” to benefit a specific area.
- To locate a specific fundraising event, page or promotion you want to donate to at CHOP, use our Fundraiser Search.
- Real estate, such as your home, vacation property, farmland, or commercial property. If you own appreciated real property, you can avoid paying capital gains tax by making a gift to CHOP.
The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Foundation is registered with the Internal Revenue Service as a private, nonprofit 501(c)3 with a federal tax ID (EIN) of 23-2237932.
- Tax receipts for gifts of $250 and above are mailed to the donor’s preferred address within 15 business days after the donation is received. Receipts for gifts below this threshold will be provided upon request.
- All gifts made by credit card will receive a tax receipt to the email address provided in the online giving form. Please use your preferred email address when making a gift online.
- Please note that the CHOP Foundation does not issue tax receipts for gifts legally made from Donor Advised Funds. The DAF sponsor handles all record keeping, disbursements, and tax receipts.
If you need a copy of your tax receipt, please email us at email@example.com or call 267-426-5332.