Are you a grandparent? You can support our brave patients by giving to the Grandparents Fund, which benefits the Child Life, Education and Creative Arts Therapy at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP).
Life in a hospital can be frightening and frustrating for children of any age. CHOP’s Child Life, Education and Creative Arts Therapy was one of the first programs in the country to recognize the therapeutic value of play for hospitalized children. Founded in 1951, it is the most comprehensive program of its kind in the nation, with more than 50 specially trained staff who use activities such as medical play and diagnosis education to meet the unique needs of children and families.
The Department’s mission is to help children of all ages and their families cope with illness, injury, treatment, hospitalization and the overall healthcare experience. Some of the services provided by the department include:
- Therapeutic play
- Activities in playrooms and at the bedside
- Psychological preparation for tests, procedures and surgeries
- Diagnosis education and support
- Therapeutic programs for siblings
- Art and music therapy
- And much more
How your gift can make an impact
Because the Child Life, Education and Creative Arts Therapy relies exclusively on philanthropy for its funding, your gift will have a tremendous impact on children’s lives. It will also make it possible for CHOP to continue providing these vital services.
Here are just a few examples of what your gift can do:
- $25 for a craft kit
- $50 for a doll house
- $100 for an infant swing
- $250 for e-readers or gaming systems
- $2,000 for 100 “sibling packages” filled with fun, therapeutic activities for patients’ brothers and sisters
- $13,600 to sustain CHOP’s rooftop Sea Garden for one year, offering an oasis for children and families
- $25,000 for a joyful Thanksgiving Festival for patients and families
Please consider giving to the Grandparents Fund today.
Family StoriesMeet some of the children treated at CHOP and read why their grandparents were motivated to give and continue the cycle of healing:
Leave a Legacy
There are many creative and flexible ways to invest in CHOP's future and meet your long-term financial and charitable goals. Learn more about our Planned Giving program.