Vaccine Webinar Series
The Vaccine Education Center (VEC) at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, together with the Pennsylvania chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics, is pleased to offer a Vaccine Webinar Series for healthcare providers. The series is supported by the Thomas F. McNair Scott Endowed Research and Lectureship Fund.
Each Current Issues in Vaccines webinar presents topics being addressed by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), covered by the media or asked by parents. Specific topics will be available on the registration page approximately one to two weeks before each event. Each presentation will be 40 to 45 minutes, followed by 15 to 20 minutes of audience questions.
Current Issues in Vaccines - Fall 2019
Supported by the Thomas F. McNair Scott Endowed Research and Lectureship Fund
Paul Offit, MD
Director, Vaccine Education Center
Attending Physician, Division of Infectious Diseases, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Professor of Pediatrics and Maurice Hilleman Professor of Vaccinology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
Date and Time: Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2019, noon - 1 p.m. ET
- HPV vaccine for 27- to 45-year olds: Routine recommendation?
- PCV13 vaccine for older adults: Is it making a difference?
- Influenza vaccine: A rough year
- Meningococcal B vaccine: When do you need a booster dose?
Register for the webinar
Registration is now closed. Watch for the archived event beginning Sept. 20, 2019.
Continuing education credits
This webinar is accredited for one CPE, one CME and 0.1 CEU.
Physicians, nurses, public health personnel, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and other professionals working in the area of immunizations
- Interpret and employ new or updated vaccine information
- Discuss vaccine-related information with patients and their families
- Provide science-based resources to patients and their families who are seeking additional information
- Discuss latest information about influenza vaccine
- Understand how scientific publications can affect public perceptions about vaccine safety
Do you have questions about the webinar series?
- Vaccine Webinar Series: What You Should Know (PDF)
- If you still have questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Looking for where to get credits?
We are not allowed to publish a link to the credits page on our website in order to be in compliance with the continuing education requirements. Please follow the instructions provided at the end of the recorded webinar to get your credits. Recorded webinars are available here:
- Current Issues in Vaccines - Spring 2019
- Current Issues in Vaccines - Winter 2018
- Current Issues in Vaccines - Spring 2017 (credits no longer available)
- December 11, 2019
Print this calendar as a reminder or to share with colleagues.
Materials in this section are updated as new information and vaccines become available. The Vaccine Education Center staff regularly reviews materials for accuracy.
You should not consider the information in this site to be specific, professional medical advice for your personal health or for your family's personal health. You should not use it to replace any relationship with a physician or other qualified healthcare professional. For medical concerns, including decisions about vaccinations, medications and other treatments, you should always consult your physician or, in serious cases, seek immediate assistance from emergency personnel.