Sept. 5 Current Issues in Vaccines webinar archive available
If you missed Dr. Offit’s presentation on Sept. 5, 2018, you can view the archived event and get continuing education credits.
Dr. Offit discussed the following topics:
- Do vaccines cause autoimmune diseases?
- Influenza vaccine: How well did it work last year?
- Efforts to make a more effective influenza vaccine
Webinars are supported by the Thomas F. McNair Scott Endowed Research and Lectureship Fund and are co-sponsored by the PA Chapter, Pennsylvania Academy of Pediatrics. Continuing education credits are offered by the University of Pittsburgh (CME, CEU) and Wilkes University (CPE).
To view other archived events, visit the Vaccine Update webinar page.
The next Current Issues in Vaccines webinar will be held on Nov. 14, 2018. Watch for announcements related to topics and registration in the coming weeks.
The VEC recently updated two Q&A sheets:
- Hepatitis B: What You Should Know — Updates related to the new adult hepatitis B vaccine. The previous volume already addressed the newborn recommendations regarding receipt of the first dose within 12 hours of birth. English and Spanish PDFs are available online and to order in print.
- Logical Fallacies and Vaccines: What You Should Know — Updates addressed inaccuracies identified in volume 1 of this publication. Our gratitude to one of our Vaccine Update readers and his colleague and friend, a philosophy professor, who provided helpful feedback to improve the piece.
The VEC website has been updated to include additional conditions in the “Vaccines and Other Conditions” section of the site. The newly addressed conditions add to the autoimmune conditions already discussed to now include Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) and Autoimmune/inflammatory syndrome induced by adjuvants (ASIA). References related to the autoimmune conditions have also been added to the vaccine safety references page.
Vaccine trivia ideas
Have you used the more than 200 questions from the Just the Vax trivia game? If not, you might want to check out the revised healthcare provider brochure. Find printable question sets and flashcards on the Just the Vax Toolkits page.