Resources for Teachers
Resources on this page provide unique tools and lessons for use in the classroom. Because they are offered by other organizations, the materials may be moved without our knowledge. We will check the page periodically in an attempt to keep it timely; however, if you find outdated or missing information, please feel free to contact us by email at email@example.com. Additionally, if you are aware of other resources, please feel free to share with us so we can post them for other teachers to use as well.
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Discovery Education
- Parents of Kids with Infectious Diseases (PKIDs) - An infectious disease “workshop” with activities for kids and adults
- PA Society for Biomedical Research
- About.com - Information about the immune system
- BioEd Online
- CELLS alive! - Images of living cells and organisms
- Science with Tom (website│YouTube) – Interactive and music-based science content for children
Materials in this section are updated as new information and vaccines become available. The Vaccine Education Center staff regularly reviews materials for accuracy.
You should not consider the information in this site to be specific, professional medical advice for your personal health or for your family's personal health. You should not use it to replace any relationship with a physician or other qualified healthcare professional. For medical concerns, including decisions about vaccinations, medications and other treatments, you should always consult your physician or, in serious cases, seek immediate assistance from emergency personnel.