Vaccine-Preventable Diseases Learning Module
This lesson may satisfy the following:
- National Science Education Content Standards for Unifying concepts and processes in science related to systems, order and organization as well as form and function; content standard F – Science in personal and social perspectives and content standard G – History and nature of science standards
- Pennsylvania secondary standard 3.8.12.C2: Analyze scientific and technological solutions through the use of risk/benefit analysis. The lesson may apply to the concept of science in personal and social perspectives and personal, community and global health challenges.
- Presentation [PPT, 2.1MB] or PDF version [PDF, 3.3MB]
- Lecture notes [PDF, 168KB]
- Vocabulary [PDF, 113KB]
- Activities [PDF, 52KB]
- Quiz [PDF, 117KB] and quiz answers [PDF, 76KB]
Test and evaluation
If you have completed all three learning modules, please download the unit test for your students to complete. Also, please take a few minutes to fill out the evaluation form and send it to us; we are very interested in your feedback.
Materials in this section are updated as new information and vaccines become available. The Vaccine Education Center staff regularly reviews materials for accuracy.
You should not consider the information in this site to be specific, professional medical advice for your personal health or for your family's personal health. You should not use it to replace any relationship with a physician or other qualified healthcare professional. For medical concerns, including decisions about vaccinations, medications and other treatments, you should always consult your physician or, in serious cases, seek immediate assistance from emergency personnel.