Age Groups and Vaccines
These short videos answer common questions about vaccines for different age groups.
- Why Do Newborns Get the Hepatitis B Vaccine?
- Is the MMR Vaccine Safe?
- Do Babies Get Too Many Vaccines?
- Are Combination Vaccines Safe?
- What Vaccines Might My Child Need Before Starting School?
- Why Are Vaccines Required Before My Child Goes to School?
- How Do I Know If Other Children in My Child's Class Have Been Immunized?
- Why Is the HPV Vaccine Given to Children at 11-12 Years of Age?
- Can You Tell Me More About the Outbreaks of Meningitis on College Campuses?
- Why Does My Adolescent or Teen Need Vaccines?
- Are Vaccines Safe During Pregnancy?
- Which Adults Need a Tdap Vaccine?
- Do I Need to Avoid Being Around Infants After a Shingles Vaccine?
- Why Doesn't the Influenza Vaccine Work for More Than One Year?
Materials in this section are updated as new information and vaccines become available. The Vaccine Education Center staff regularly reviews materials for accuracy.
You should not consider the information in this site to be specific, professional medical advice for your personal health or for your family's personal health. You should not use it to replace any relationship with a physician or other qualified healthcare professional. For medical concerns, including decisions about vaccinations, medications and other treatments, you should always consult your physician or, in serious cases, seek immediate assistance from emergency personnel.