In these short videos, Dr. Paul Offit, Director of the Vaccine Education Center at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, answers common questions about COVID-19 and the vaccines.
- Why Is It Important to Get the Flu Vaccine During the COVID-19 Pandemic?
- How Will We Know That a COVID-19 Vaccine Is Safe?
- How Do mRNA Vaccines Work?
- Are Reinfections with COVID-19 Possible?
- Why Will We Still Need to Wear Masks and Social Distance after a COVID-19 Vaccine Becomes Available?
- Why Aren’t COVID-19 Vaccines Being Tested in Children?
Materials in this section are updated as new information and vaccines become available. The Vaccine Education Center staff regularly reviews materials for accuracy.
You should not consider the information in this site to be specific, professional medical advice for your personal health or for your family's personal health. You should not use it to replace any relationship with a physician or other qualified healthcare professional. For medical concerns, including decisions about vaccinations, medications and other treatments, you should always consult your physician or, in serious cases, seek immediate assistance from emergency personnel.