Talking About Vaccines With Dr. Hank Bernstein
In these short videos, Dr. Hank Bernstein, a Professor of Pediatrics at Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell and a voting member of the CDC’s Advisory Committee, commonly known as the ACIP, answers common questions about COVID-19 vaccines. The video series can also be accessed through a YouTube playlist.
- Does My Child Really Need to Be Vaccinated to Prevent COVID-19?
- What Should I Do If I Test Positive for COVID-19?
- Do mRNA Vaccines Contain Antibiotics?
- What Is the Difference Between Vaccine Efficacy & Vaccine Effectiveness?
- What Stops the Body from Continuing to Produce the COVID-19 Spike Protein after Getting an mRNA Vaccine?
- How Long Will COVID-19 Vaccine Immunity Last?
- Can Women Who Are Pregnant Get the COVID-19 Vaccine?
- Can I Get the COVID-19 Vaccine If I Am Breastfeeding?
- Will I Be Able to Get the Coronavirus Vaccine at the Same Time as Other Vaccines?
- How Long Are People Contagious When They Are Sick with COVID-19?
Materials in this section are updated as new information and vaccines become available. The Vaccine Education Center staff regularly reviews materials for accuracy.
You should not consider the information in this site to be specific, professional medical advice for your personal health or for your family's personal health. You should not use it to replace any relationship with a physician or other qualified healthcare professional. For medical concerns, including decisions about vaccinations, medications and other treatments, you should always consult your physician or, in serious cases, seek immediate assistance from emergency personnel.