Use this easy-to-read guide to determine when your child needs vaccines.
Altering the vaccine schedule
If you have thought about altering the recommended immunization schedule for your child or are looking for guidance and resources about this issue, read more here.
Other schedule issues
Check out this page to find information about the following:
- Is the schedule “one size fits all”?
- Why does the vaccine schedule change?
- Why do babies get so many vaccines before 24 months of age?
- What is the “catch-up” schedule?
- What if my child missed a vaccine?
- What is a “minimum interval” for a vaccine?
- Schools and vaccine requirements
- Vaccine recommendations and package inserts
- Locating old immunization records
- Immunization registries
Schedule considerations for specific groups
Some groups of people have special needs that should be considered in regard to vaccinations. In some cases our jobs may require extra protection, such as healthcare and childcare workers. In some situations, such as when traveling or when immune-compromised, pregnant or breastfeeding, vaccine questions may arise. And, in addition, some children have special vaccine needs, such as adoptees and pre-term infants.
Find out more about each of the following groups on this page:
- Adoptees and their family members
- Childcare workers
- Healthcare workers
- Pregnant women
- People with weakened immunity
- Preterm infants
Materials in this section are updated as new information and vaccines become available. The Vaccine Education Center staff regularly reviews materials for accuracy.
You should not consider the information in this site to be specific, professional medical advice for your personal health or for your family's personal health. You should not use it to replace any relationship with a physician or other qualified healthcare professional. For medical concerns, including decisions about vaccinations, medications and other treatments, you should always consult your physician or, in serious cases, seek immediate assistance from emergency personnel.