Published onVaccine Update for Healthcare Providers
Commonly known as the “CDC Yellow Book,” Health Information for International Travel is a guidebook published every two years for healthcare professionals who care for international travelers.
The 2020 version, released in June 2019, includes updates related to the following:
- Information about providing travel healthcare using telemedicine
- Legal issues relevant for clinicians caring for travelers
- Updates regarding diagnostic testing for infectious diseases and updates related to antimalarial drugs
- Information related to road traffic safety
- Treatment in light of antimicrobial resistance
Although people are currently not doing much traveling, these travel-related guidelines are important to consider as people return to normal activities.
Materials in this section are updated as new information and vaccines become available. The Vaccine Education Center staff regularly reviews materials for accuracy.
You should not consider the information in this site to be specific, professional medical advice for your personal health or for your family's personal health. You should not use it to replace any relationship with a physician or other qualified healthcare professional. For medical concerns, including decisions about vaccinations, medications and other treatments, you should always consult your physician or, in serious cases, seek immediate assistance from emergency personnel.