Published on in Vaccine Update for Healthcare Providers
Enhance your efforts to increase rates for MenACWY booster doses and other adolescent vaccinations
The Immunization Action Coalition (IAC) has announced a major upgrade to its collaborative website Give2MenACWY.org, promoting the importance of receiving a booster dose of meningococcal ACWY (MenACWY) vaccine.
Aimed at healthcare professionals, the site has been revised to incorporate newly updated materials and to highlight the importance of all recommended vaccines for 16-year-olds. A simplified navigation structure makes locating information a breeze.
The colorful, new Give2MenACWY.org website is divided into five easy-to-access sections:
- Vaccinate Teens — The tools included on this webpage offer helpful information on teen vaccination schedules and tips for improving adolescent immunization rates.
- Give 2 Doses — Fewer than half of teens have received the recommended second dose of MenACWY vaccine. This webpage offers tools to help providers improve second dose coverage.
- 16-year-old Visit — These resources help both providers and their patients remember the important vaccines recommended for 16-year-olds.
- Tools for Providers — These tools from CDC, IAC, and other organizations explain meningococcal ACWY vaccine recommendations and assist in improving adolescent coverage for all recommended vaccines.
- Resources — This section contains a wealth of information to assist provider efforts to improve adolescent immunization rates. The materials are subdivided into the following subsections:
Additional time savings are provided by the site’s single location where all website materials are listed according to whether they are primarily of interest to providers or to patients/parents. Other sections relate to general adolescent immunization, as well as meningococcal disease and vaccine information.
Visit Give2MenACWY.org and enjoy browsing (and hopefully deploying) its terrific resources. The site is brought to you by IAC, in collaboration with Sanofi Pasteur.
- Give2MenACWY.org website
- “Dear Colleague” joint letter from AAFP, AAP, ACHA, ACOG, APhA, SAHM, and IAC about the importance of the 16-year-old visit
- Press release on the “Dear Colleague” letter from six professional societies and IAC about the importance of the 16-year-old visit:
- Ask the Experts: MenACWY
- You're 16: We Recommend These Vaccines for You
- Algorithm for MenACWY Immunization in Adolescents 11-18 Years of Age
- Top 10 Ways to Improve Adolescent Immunization Rates
- Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine policy statement: Establishing an Immunization Platform for 16-year-olds in the United States
Materials in this section are updated as new information and vaccines become available. The Vaccine Education Center staff regularly reviews materials for accuracy.
You should not consider the information in this site to be specific, professional medical advice for your personal health or for your family's personal health. You should not use it to replace any relationship with a physician or other qualified healthcare professional. For medical concerns, including decisions about vaccinations, medications and other treatments, you should always consult your physician or, in serious cases, seek immediate assistance from emergency personnel.