Published on in Vaccine Update for Healthcare Providers
Several resources have come to our attention this month. Brief descriptions follow with links to get more information:
- Resources related to antibiotic stewardship — The National Foundation of Infectious Diseases (NFID) recently released resources to promote antibiotic stewardship.
- Improving adolescent vaccinations — The Unity Consortium recently published a commentary in the Journal of Adolescent Health and finalized a white paper related to improving adolescent vaccination rates.
- New data related to Tdap vaccination during pregnancy and managing Zika — The October 20, 2017, issue of Morbidity and Mortality Weekly (MMWR) included data related to Tdap vaccination during pregnancy and guidelines for management of Zika infection in pregnant women.
- Infant vaccination data — The CDC recently released the results of the 2016 National Immunization Survey — Child. See coverage rates for particular vaccines or demographics.
- Impactful stories related to influenza — Families Fighting Flu (FFF) recently launched a refreshed website. The site offers a touching and personal reminder of how devastating influenza can be for families through the stories and images shared by member families. In addition, information about their programs for schools and the public as well as information about influenza are easily located on the site.
Materials in this section are updated as new information and vaccines become available. The Vaccine Education Center staff regularly reviews materials for accuracy.
You should not consider the information in this site to be specific, professional medical advice for your personal health or for your family's personal health. You should not use it to replace any relationship with a physician or other qualified healthcare professional. For medical concerns, including decisions about vaccinations, medications and other treatments, you should always consult your physician or, in serious cases, seek immediate assistance from emergency personnel.