Published onVaccine Update for Healthcare Providers
Several infectious diseases have been causing concerns, so this month’s “Resources” section is divided by disease for convenience.
- Updated recommendations for use of Novavax were published in the MMWR
- Interim COVID-19 Immunization Schedule
- At-a-Glance Aids for Children who Transition from a Younger to Older Age Group, Pfizer | Moderna
- Updated recommendations for seasonal influenza vaccination were published in the MMWR
- Ask the Experts: Immunize.org Answers Questions about Influenza Vaccination for the 2022-23 Season
- An advisory due to a multistate outbreak of severe respiratory illnesses associated with rhinoviruses and/or enteroviruses, including EV-D68, was published by CDC. (Note: The VEC has a patient handout from the 2014 outbreak if you are seeking information for parents and families.)
Materials in this section are updated as new information and vaccines become available. The Vaccine Education Center staff regularly reviews materials for accuracy.
You should not consider the information in this site to be specific, professional medical advice for your personal health or for your family's personal health. You should not use it to replace any relationship with a physician or other qualified healthcare professional. For medical concerns, including decisions about vaccinations, medications and other treatments, you should always consult your physician or, in serious cases, seek immediate assistance from emergency personnel.