Published onVaccine Update for Healthcare Providers
August is National Immunization Awareness Month (NIAM). The National Public Health Information Coalition (NPHIC) has a toolkit available that includes logos and banners as well as information related to the weekly themes for the month.
Resources include a list of 10 things you can do and a way to share your activities.
Weekly themes are scheduled:
- July/August — Back to School: Ready for school? Make sure those vaccine records are up to date!
- VEC featured tool: Weekly swivel calendar (coming in August) will make checking records easier for you and your team!
- Aug. 5 to 11 — Pregnant Women: Protect yourself and pass protection on to your baby
- VEC featured tool: vaccine.chop.edu/your baby provides new and expectant moms with immunization-related resources, answers to questions, and resources for more information.
- Aug. 12 to 18 — Babies and Young Children: A healthy start begins with on-time vaccinations
- VEC featured tool: Easy-to-read immunization schedules during the first two years of life. Also available in Spanish
- Aug. 19 to 25 — Preteens & Teens: Ensure a healthy future with vaccines
- VEC featured tool: HPV, meningococcal and pertussis Q&A sheets provide information about the teen vaccine platform. Also available in Spanish and related to other topics
- Aug. 26 to 31 — Adults: Vaccines are not just for kids
Materials in this section are updated as new information and vaccines become available. The Vaccine Education Center staff regularly reviews materials for accuracy.
You should not consider the information in this site to be specific, professional medical advice for your personal health or for your family's personal health. You should not use it to replace any relationship with a physician or other qualified healthcare professional. For medical concerns, including decisions about vaccinations, medications and other treatments, you should always consult your physician or, in serious cases, seek immediate assistance from emergency personnel.