Childhood immunizations slide deck for providers
Did you know the CDC has a slide deck about childhood immunizations that you can use for presentations to colleagues? The one-hour presentation provides an overview of the childhood immunization program and includes findings from CDC audience research, tips for communicating with parents, and CDC resources.
Additional resources can be found on the CDC’s webpage, Provider Resources for Vaccine Conversations with Parents.
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and World Health Organization (WHO) both recently released updated information related to HPV.
AAP materials focused on oropharyngeal cancer related to HPV. Materials are located on the AAP’s oral health page and include:
WHO materials on their webpage about HPV include a comprehensive list of resources, including:
WHO news related to hepatitis B and 2018-2019 influenza vaccine composition
The WHO released the following over the last few weeks:
- Implementation of birth dose for hepatitis B worldwide — the WHO published this statement in the Feb. 16, 2018, Weekly Epidemiological Record showing data for the rationale as well as addressing potential barriers to its implementation in certain parts of the world.
- Composition of the 2018-2019 influenza vaccine composition — the March 23, 2018, Weekly Epidemiological Record included WHO recommendations for influenza vaccine strains for northern hemisphere vaccines during the 2018-2019 season. Of the four strains indicated, one B strain is different:
- A/Michigan/45/2015 (H1N1)pdm09-like virus
- A/Singapore/INFIMH-16-0019/2016 (H3N2)-like virus
- B/Colorado/06/2017-like virus (B/Victoria/2/87 lineage) — this strain replaces B/Brisbane/60/2008
- B/Phuket/3073/2013-like virus (B/Yamagata/16/88 lineage)
Also, in the March 23 publication, map 1 may be of interest as it shows the variability in the prevalence of different types of influenza virus that circulate throughout the world.