Published onVaccine Update for Healthcare Providers
Vaccine communication tool
In December 2020, the Yale Institute of Global Health and the UNICEF Demand for Immunization team worked together to produce the “Vaccine Messaging Guide.” The guide offers background information and tips for public health professionals and communicators creating pro-vaccine content. Sections in the 11-page guide include:
- Key challenges in vaccine messaging
- Key behavioral principles for effective vaccine messaging
- Develop effective campaign messaging
COVID-19 on campus
The Campus COVID-19 Vaccination and Mitigation Initiative, or CoVac, is an initiative of the American College Health Association in collaboration with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The program was started to monitor data regarding COVID-19 vaccinations and build vaccine confidence across campuses. The program offers various resources, including toolkits that were recently updated to aid campuses in their responses:
- VaxForward Toolkit — offers a variety of digital tools for educating members of campus about COVID-19.
- Student Ambassador Toolkit — encourages peer-to-peer education by providing materials for students who wish to become involved in COVID-19 messaging on their campus.
Materials in this section are updated as new information and vaccines become available. The Vaccine Education Center staff regularly reviews materials for accuracy.
You should not consider the information in this site to be specific, professional medical advice for your personal health or for your family's personal health. You should not use it to replace any relationship with a physician or other qualified healthcare professional. For medical concerns, including decisions about vaccinations, medications and other treatments, you should always consult your physician or, in serious cases, seek immediate assistance from emergency personnel.