Published on in Vaccine Update for Healthcare Providers
This month there were several important resources to share. Here’s a brief description and links to more information:
- A Vaccine Information Statement (VIS) about cholera vaccine is now available. Also, note that as of May 8, the Gardasil-4 VIS is no longer available.
- The Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS) has been updated. A new reporting form is available, and information can be submitted electronically.
- The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recently updated the immunization section on its website.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) recently published a position paper on hepatitis B vaccines.
- The Washington State Immunization Coalition recently launched a webpage for college students and administrators.
Materials in this section are updated as new information and vaccines become available. The Vaccine Education Center staff regularly reviews materials for accuracy.
You should not consider the information in this site to be specific, professional medical advice for your personal health or for your family's personal health. You should not use it to replace any relationship with a physician or other qualified healthcare professional. For medical concerns, including decisions about vaccinations, medications and other treatments, you should always consult your physician or, in serious cases, seek immediate assistance from emergency personnel.