Fellowship Opportunities in Critical Care Medicine and Anesthesiology
The Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine offers six fellowship programs:
- Pediatric Critical Care Medicine Fellowship Program
- Pediatric Anesthesiology Fellowship Program
- Pediatric Neurocritical Care Fellowship Program
- Pediatric Cardiac Critical Care Fellowship Program
- Pediatric Cardiac Anesthesia Fellowship Program
- Pediatric Regional Anesthesiology and Pain Management
Training and education
The Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine is committed to providing educational programs and a learning environment that will enable faculty, residents, fellows, nurse anesthetists and practitioners, and the greater anesthesiology and critical care community to:
- Acquire and maintain knowledge, psychomotor skills and attitudes necessary to provide excellent care, in the perianesthetic period, of children who are critically ill or injured or who suffer acute and chronic pain
- Successfully complete the certification and recertification requirements for anesthesiology, critical care medicine, pain management, nurse anesthesia and advanced practice nursing
- Become lifelong learners of anesthesiology, critical care medicine and pain management
We encourage scholarly activity in the development and dissemination of innovative educational methods in pediatric anesthesiology, critical care medicine and pain management.
We also encourage and perform research and incorporate our as well as others' discoveries in order to continuously improve the quality of our care. We aim to create a department that is valued by our patients and their families, The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, the University of Pennsylvania, integrated delivery systems in which we participate and the communities in which we serve.
Our goal is to attract, develop and retain exceptional people who can enjoy fulfilling careers. We will teach and train the most capable and motivated individuals. We will disseminate our discoveries and innovations. We will be acknowledged as the leader in pediatric anesthesiology and critical care medicine and the dominant enterprise in our disciplines.