Care Management in Primary Care
Care Management in Primary Care is for children who have medically complex conditions and receive primary care at CHOP. You must be referred by a CHOP provider to receive care management services. If interested, please contact your CHOP care team for more information.
Nurse care managers partner with families and primary care providers across the CHOP Care Network, including those located in:
- Bucks County
- Chester County
- Delaware County
- Montgomery County
- New Jersey
Care management in primary care helps families in a variety of ways including;
- Improve communication among healthcare providers
- Advocate for the child's healthcare needs
- Help coordinate the plan of care, including outpatient visits
- Support transitions across care settings, such as discharge from the hospital
- Answer questions between visits about the child’s care at home
- Teach families skills for self-management and navigation of the healthcare system
CHOP's Care Management team is committed to teaching families how to best manage their child's care and achieve patient-centered goals. All care management interventions are time limited.