Fetal Lung Lesion Research and Publications
The Richard D. Wood Jr. Center for Fetal Diagnosis and Treatment is a nationally recognized center for the evaluation and treatment of fetal lung lesions and airway obstruction. These diagnoses include congenital cystic adenomatoid malformation (CCAM)/congenital pulmonary airway malformation (CPAM), bronchopulmonary sequestration (BPS), congenital high airway obstruction syndrome (CHAOS), hybrid lesions, pleural effusion, and more.
Our team is actively engaged in research projects and clinical trials to find new and better ways to care for these patients before, during and after birth. Through our fetal lung lesion research, we seek to make breakthroughs that will help us to continuously deliver innovative and advanced therapies for our patients that can be shared with the entire medical community.
- Oliver ER, DeBari SE, Didier RA, Johnson AM, Khalek N, Peranteau WH, Howell LJ, Adzick NS, Coleman BG. Two's Company: Multiple Thoracic Lesions on Prenatal US and MRI. Fetal Diagn Ther. 2020;47(8):642-652.
- Soni S, Moldenhauer JS, Rintoul N, Adzick NS, Hedrick HL, Khalek N. Perinatal Outcomes in Fetuses Prenatally Diagnosed with Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia and Concomitant Lung Lesions: A 10-Year Review. Fetal Diagn Ther. 2020;47(8):630-635.
Prior noteworthy lung lesion publications
- Pogoriler J, Swarr D, Kreiger P, Adzick NS, Peranteau W. Congenital Cystic Lung Lesions: Redefining the Natural Distribution of Subtypes and Assessing the Risk of Malignancy. Am J Surg Pathol. 2019 Jan;43(1):47-55.
- Danzer E, Hoffman C, D'Agostino JA, Boelig MM, Gerdes M, Bernbaum JC, Rosenthal H, Waqar LN, Rintoul NE, Herkert LM, Kallan MJ, Peranteau WH, Flake AW, Adzick NS, Hedrick HL. Short-Term Neurodevelopmental Outcome in Children Born With High-Risk Congenital Lung Lesions. Ann Thorac Surg. 2018 Jun;105(6):1827-1834.
- Victoria T, Srinivasan AS, Pogoriler J, Kreiger PA, Laje P, Oliver ER, Danzer E, Johnson AM, Moldenhauer JS, Peranteau WH, Adzick NS. The rare solid fetal lung lesion with T2-hypointense components: prenatal imaging findings with postnatal pathological correlation. Pediatr Radiol. 2018 Oct;48(11):1556-1566.
- Vrecenak JD, Howell LJ, Khalek N, Moldenhauer JS, Johnson MP, Coleman BG, Victoria T, Hedrick HL, Peranteau WH, Flake AW, Adzick NS. Outcomes of prenatally diagnosed lung lesions in multigestational pregnancies. Fetal Diagn Ther. 2014;36(4):312-9.
- Khalek N, Johnson MP. Management of prenatally diagnosed lung lesions. Semin Pediatr Surg. 2013 Feb;22(1):24-9.
- Danzer E, Siegle J, D'Agostino JA, Gerdes M, Hoffman C, Bernbaum J, Rintoul NE, Flake AW, Adzick NS, Hedrick HL. Early neurodevelopmental outcome of infants with high-risk fetal lung lesions. Fetal Diagn Ther. 2012;31(4):210-5.
- Adzick NS. Management of fetal lung lesions. Clin Perinatol. 2009 Jun;36(2):363-76, x.
- Tsai AY, Liechty KW, Hedrick HL, Bebbington M, Wilson RD, Johnson MP, Howell LJ, Flake AW, Adzick NS. Outcomes after postnatal resection of prenatally diagnosed asymptomatic cystic lung lesions. J Pediatr Surg. 2008 Mar;43(3):513-7.
- Laje P, Liechty KW. Postnatal management and outcome of prenatally diagnosed lung lesions. Prenat Diagn. 2008 Jul;28(7):612-8.
- Adzick NS, Flake AW, Crombleholme TM. Management of congenital lung lesions. Semin Pediatr Surg. 2003 Feb;12(1):10-6.