Continuing Medical Education (CME) Department
Continuing Professional Education
Continuing medical education (CME) is an essential component in Children's Hospital of Philadelphia’s continuum of undergraduate, graduate and continuing professional education. Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, through its CME Department, offers many opportunities for healthcare professionals to continue their professional development education and training.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education for physicians.
Our education, designed for national and international physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses and allied health professionals caring for children, features prominent faculty presenting a variety of topics in pediatric medicine, pediatric surgery and fetal surgery, pediatric anesthesiology/critical care medicine, pathology and laboratory medicine, pediatric radiology, and child and adolescent psychiatry/behavioral health.
Our activities include live courses, regularly scheduled series, and online educational materials. Courses are planned to promote the dissemination of recent clinical and scientific advancements, clinical quality improvement (CQI), patient safety, medical leadership and the six core competencies: Patient care; medical knowledge; practice-based learning and improvement; interpersonal skills and communication; professionalism; and systems-based practice, with the ultimate goal of helping physicians and other healthcare professionals practice high-quality patient care that results in better outcomes.
The educational content contained in our CME activities is planned in accordance with the ACCME’s Standards for Commercial Support — Standards to Ensure the Independence of CME Activities.
Access CHOP’s Education Portal
Use the CHOP Cloud CME education portal to register for upcoming CME activities, access online content and review transcripts, certificates and receipts.
Managing your account
- To get started, create an account or login to your existing account. CHOP staff can login with their CHOP username and password.
- View your past conference materials.
- Print receipts.
- Download certificates / transcripts.
In the education portal you’ll find a variety of education offerings, including live courses and online education.
- Search and register for live courses
- Search for online education
- Coming soon: Explore Grand Rounds offerings by topic. View topics for upcoming live events and access online archived video presentations.
- CHOP Open provides free open-access pediatric medical education to health care professionals from around the world. The lectures are prepared by CHOP staff in weeklong modules that are prepared in affiliation with the American Austrian Foundation Open Medical Institute and presented in Salzburg, Austria. CHOP Open-access Medical Education is supported by a generous grant from the Leir Foundation.