The Department of Biomedical and Health Informatics (DBHi) is dedicated to advancing child health through the development of innovative solutions that aim to solve challenges in the collection, management, analysis, and interpretation of biomedical, genomic, and clinical data.
Our skilled team of researchers, clinical staff and information professionals implements and evaluates pediatric health information technology to create effective strategies for clinical decision support, mobile health applications, genomic analysis, and data analysis and management.
DBHi also provides educational opportunities for informatics researchers and practitioners. In addition to symposia and monthly clinical informatics and bioinformatics speaker series, the DBHi is home to CHOP’s Clinical Informatics Fellowship, one of the first programs of its kind in the nation. The fellowship provides a didactic curriculum along with rotational training to prepare physicians for board certification in clinical informatics.
Find more information about our work at dbhi.chop.edu.
What we do
- Application development including mobile applications
- Clinical decision support tools for physicians and clinical staff
- Clinical trial management applications
- Data science and analytics
- Electronic health record data analysis and management
- Genomic analysis
- Informatics educational programs for clinical professionals
- Laboratory information management systems
- Precision medicine support
- Research applications